Monday, October 5, 2009

abilities

When you're young I feel like people are constantly telling you to not think that you can't do things unless you try. Unless it's for reasons of safety no one usually tells you that there are some things you can't or shouldn't do or even try. I understand that parents & adults want kids to feel possibilities are endless but they aren't & something thinking that they are can be harmful. Imagine trying to do something & being so sure you'll succeed only to fail. How demoralizing. This has all been brought on by a recent attempt on my behalf to cut my own bangs. I shouldn't have done that. Where is the transition from kid to adult where you realize what the limits of your abilities are? Maybe this isn't such a big deal but it's another reason I don't want to have kids & be responsible for shaping the psychology of another person.

No comments:

Post a Comment