Thursday, October 22, 2009

Port Jefferson Bums

There's this bum that lives in my neighborhood. He calls himself PK. I find this bum to be very interesting. Much more interesting than the other bums that live in my neighborhood. Apparently, he graduated from law school and use to make a decent salary. But he decided to give all that up and pursue a life of living in the streets. He sleeps somewhere around the Port Jefferson railroad station. My friend works at Port Jefferson Beverage and says that PK is in there like four times a day to quench his thirst with a high alcoholic drink. My friend suggested that he should just buy something like a 30 pack, instead of coming in four times a day and buying a 24 oz. malt beverage. This would save him money in the long run. PK didn't listen to the advice though. He does his own thing. He's also there every morning to return his bottles and cans and collect the deposit money. So, at least he's a regimented bum. What a guy, huh. I don't think he's trying to keep up with the Jones's. Not unless his idea of the Jones's is the guy who can collect the most can/bottle deposit money

No comments:

Post a Comment