Thursday, October 22, 2009

Statistic

I just wanted to comment on that statistic the professor gave in class the other day. "There are more gifted children born in china and india than children born in the united states." First of all I would like to know where this statistic originated. Was either the chinese or indian government studies that produced it? If so there is obvious bias that in my opinion completely falsifies the statement. I would also like to know how the term "gifted" was defined. I also wonder if this obviously fabricated statement was written to chinese and indian children are some how genetically superior or if it is the society the children were raised in superior. If it is the first of the two, I have some observational data I would like to bring to the table. Last year my roommate was indian, smart girl, studied all the time but nothing out of the ordinary. This year I have a chinese roommate and she's not exactly the brightest flower in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment