Monday, September 28, 2009

Apple Picking!

It is saturday at 9am! and I hear the door bell! this is so early! who is at the dooor?!
my sister runs to answer the door. and It was my boyfriend! He surprised me, I knew he was coming just not what time...

*because thursday night he bbm-ed me that he was going into work. He did an overnight shift with his boss at 11pm.... He worked thursday 7AM - 6PM , then called into work 11pm- 7am.......then Friday a normal shift. He got home at 4:30pm on friday and slept all night until 7:45AM ... and drove an hour to see me!*

kk.. so totally redeemed from last time. anyways my sisters boyfriends start to come around 10am. and we are ready to leave on our long roadtrip to apple picking!
we went to wilklows orchids near marist college, which my sister went to.

After 4 hours in the car... b.c of traffic.. we finally got there.. apple picked the huge farm for 2-3 hours. then walked around the Vanderbilt's park. It was getting late and time to head back. We got home and went out to dinner. then we counted the apples and weighted the bags we picked.. we had 61lbs of apples and over 100 apples.!

This was a great fmaily trip and my mom plans to make this an annual thing.

We made apple cider and apple pie! and still have tons of apples left!

No comments:

Post a Comment