Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fight Club and The Future

After I had missed the 11:42 train from Penn Station I had to wait patiently for the 1:01 that would take an hour longer to get back to my dorm. Even though I thought that I'd be able to sit by myself, without any bother or even a whisper from another person, I was proved wrong. In fact a man, about 25-30 sat across from me in the four seater that lets you see the others across from you. For awhile he said nothing, and all I could hear were the two drunk girls on the other side laughing at nothing. Almost of out of nowhere he proposes what he does for a living; the man worked with theatre producers and proposed his own idea for a broadway musical...FIGHT CLUB. Don't let the capital letters fool you into thinking that I was excited by the idea, the caps lock was for how appalled I was for someone to even think of such nonsense. His dream was to get UFC fighters for the fight club and have the mains be real performers. He felt that It would reach out to more men because a lot of theatre (what he felt) was towards women and young children. I told him he was a simple domestic, poorly educated man who should be able to see the mastery of a Broadway play, despite the more "masculine edge." He laughed to himself and told me one day it'll come true...And I told him that if it does, Broadway will die a most painful death. Fight Club was a fantastic movie that should live alone, without a sequel or a broadway adaptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment