Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm so vain

I was reading an article in Psychology Today that dealt with how people read other people by how they present themselves to the world & at the end of the article I read something that resonated with me. It said that shy people are routinely misunderstood as cold, aloof or stuck-up & that they are particularly likely to be judged negatively if they're also attractive. I find this quite humorous & also true.
This might be a generalization but I think that stereotypical nerdy smart types that also happen to be mean don't like to think that attractive people can be smart too. I think that these angry smart types want attractive people to be stupid & conquered by their intelligence. Maybe when this doesn't happen they get angry because they feel like they don't have the upper hand that they are used to...but this article made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment